When working with skins, it may be useful to map a network drive to the IFS for so you can easily access the file system.
On the server:
- Connect to your system using System i Navigator
- In the navigation tree, select “Network”, then “Servers”, then “TCP/IP”
- Find “System i Netserver” and ensure that it is started. If not started, right-click and select “Start”.
- Now, select “File Systems” in the navigation tree. Then select “Integrated Files System”, and then “Root”. Right-click the root or a particular folder under the root and select “Share -> New Share”.
- In the resulting dialog, provide a share name.
On your personal computer:
- In Windows, open My Computer. From the Tools menu, select “Map Network Drive”.
- Select an unused drive and under the “Folder” field, specify:
- If you have a different windows user name to your System i sign on Id, you may need to click “connect using a different user name”.
- Check the “Reconnect at Login” box and click Ok.