Profound.js: Transform your IBM i Applications with Business-ready Node.js
What is Profound.js?
Profound.js allows you to easily develop business applications and modernize legacy RPG applications using Node.js and an Agile Modernization approach.
Quickly and easily add powerful Node.js capabilities to your IBM i business apps
Easily find new development talent to replace retiring RPG developers
Join a flourishing community of open source developers
Extend your applications to include Open Source, IoT, and Watson AI
The Profound.js Solution Includes
Our free Node.js Framework (available on npm) makes your applications Enterprise-ready by:
- Providing RPG-like capabilities for Node.js
- Enabling top-down transactional business programming capabilities
- Streamlining development and avoiding ‘Callback Hell’
- Offering seamless integration with the Profound UI framework for a robust Rich User Interface
This drag-and-drop IDE makes it easy to design stunning Web or mobile application interfaces using Node and is available for free on npm.
Supports iterative, incremental development, and enables your business to see immediate ROI. The Connector provides:
- The ability for existing RPG programs to directly call Node.js modules, and vice versa
- Direct integration between Node.js user interfaces and RPG program displays
- Database drivers for IBM i to support robust, top-down integration with SQL or Record Level Access methods
- Access to a variety of IBM i resources, such as data areas and low level system API
JumpStart enables users to automatically generate user interfaces for Node.js applications. These Web and mobile templates eliminate the need to start a project from scratch.
Our conversion tool automates the majority of the RPG to Node.js conversion and Profound Logic experts handle the rest, if needed. Unlike most conversions that often produce more convoluted code, Profound.js simplifies programs, and generally creates less lines of code than the original RPG.
Develop Node.js business apps today
Try out Profound.js online or install it onto your IBM i.