Low Code Platform Uses in Manufacturing
Like any other industry, the manufacturing industry strives for excellence. In addition to this, every manufacturing site seeks to become efficient by having alternatives, advancements, and continuous improvements. Amid the challenges that arise, the industry has a need for development, promotion, and automation.
Process automation enables fast, simple, and fully scalable operations that help stabilize all functions and deliver precise results. Results are needed not only to enhance product quality but also for productivity and, most of all, profitability.
With process automation, the operation also ensures a safe workplace, good workmanship, and better control and consistency. These are necessary reasons to implement low-code platforms and process automation.
Automation and Low-Code Applications
The manufacturing industry is constantly growing, contributing at least $2.52 trillion to the US economy in the second quarter of 2021. Every dollar spent in manufacturing goods increases the economy by $2.79 more. This was significantly contributed by the firm application and development of visual approaches like low-code platforms.
Low-Code applications in manufacturing give many solutions to the underlying concerns of front line operators. Most of these solutions require software-based technologies to run the process. Specifically, these solutions necessitate the participation of IT specialists to install the software.
The low-code application enables IT professionals and non-professionals to rapidly develop and deploy the software to the end-user. Creating the software is not as complicated for those unfamiliar with coding as the software can easily be made with the help of pre-built code and an easy-to-work interface. The tool is user-friendly and only needs the user to utilize it’s simple drag-and-drop features.
Low-Code in the Manufacturing Industry
By 2024, low-code applications will be responsible for 65% of application development activity, with manufacturing as one of the most benefited industries. The development of low-code applications in manufacturing is beneficial in many situations, such as:
- Manufacturing professionals are able to develop flexible and efficient applications for various processes that gain employees’ control on the production floor.
- Low code application enables manufacturers to have limitless opportunities to improve manufacturing quality. For example, using a digital checklist to standardize processes and procedures.
- Lower initial cost and faster development cycles.
Also, each fundamental unit in the manufacturing process significantly benefits from low code application, such as:
Shop floor management
- Effective and accurate shift handovers are completed with all the information readily available as required.
- Defined formats are available for continuous improvement based on projects and different factors in each work group.
In the assembly
- Everyday activities and standard work such as equipment control and machine setups are completed on schedule and with precision using the standard operating procedures.
For human resources
- Reduced training cost for inexperienced developers.
- Process-based skills development are easily implemented based on progress and degrees of training.
- Workers are safeguarded against any factory hazard brought about by automation through low code applications.
- Reduced software maintenance and testing applications for the software
- Better allocation of IT resources
Whichever industry, the low code platform brings significant benefits not only that the business is making use of, but most of all, everyone in the company can equally enjoy the benefits that the platform has to offer.
Ready to get started with low-code platforms today? Profound Logic can help! Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-877-224-7768 to get started.