Frameworks provide a foundation allowing the development of business logic in an organized way. Without frameworks, your company will have a very difficult time keeping everything in order. There are two different types of frameworks that your company can use. These include:
- Server-Side Frameworks – Web application frameworks, often known as server-side web frameworks, are software frameworks that facilitate the creation, upkeep, and scaling of web applications. They offer tools and libraries to make it easier to complete typical web development tasks. For example, sending URLs to the proper handlers, interacting with databases, supporting sessions and user authorization, formatting output (such as HTML, JSON, or XML), and enhancing security against web attacks.
Framework Code Benefits
Not only can frameworks keep your company organized, but there are also several other benefits to having a framework code in place. We’ve outlined a few of those benefits below.
- A basic code structure is already developed, reduces time, and improves efficiency in building new applications.
- Minimizes time invested in building essential application components, saving time and overhead associated with application development. Profound Logic UI widgets and designers allow drag-and-drop implementation of UI elements and direct integration into server-side DB.
- Developer productivity is improved by allowing developers to focus on the unique requirements of their application instead of spending time on application infrastructure (“plumbing”).
- Ability to reuse code that has been pre-built and pre-tested. Increase the reliability of the new application and reduce the programming, testing effort, and time to market.
- A framework can help establish better programming practices and naturally enforce appropriate use of design patterns and new programming tools. A framework upgrade can provide new functionality, improved performance, or improved quality without additional programming by the framework user.
- Bootstraps the Development Process. The tools and packages frameworks provide aid developers in bootstrapping the development of custom applications.
- Reduces Code Length/Improved Code Efficiency. With frameworks, there is no need to write longer lines of code while adding conventional functionalities. Promoting simplicity and conciseness reduces the time and effort involved in the development process. Frameworks provide improved code readability, reusability, debugging, and maintainability.
- Improves Database Proficiency. Most frameworks provide pre-built components that allow programmers to work with commonly used relational databases.
- Reinforces Security. Programmers do not have to go the extra mile to safeguard the security of their applications from various cyberattacks like SQL injections, cross-site request forgery, and data tampering. The built-in security features and mechanisms that come with frameworks provide a more natural way for developers to protect applications from present and future security threats.
After adopting a framework, you must rewrite your code to use the APIs specified by that framework. A framework’s higher-level API allows you to accomplish more with less code, which is an advantage. Many compatibilities, security, and accessibility issues are addressed in a well-written framework.
As you can see, there are several benefits to having a framework in place. Without a framework, your company could be left behind. Make sure that you’re staying ahead of the curve by utilizing a framework at your company.
Are you interested in learning more? See more on this topic here.